The history and present state of Virginia / by Robert Beverley with an introduction by Susan Scott Parrish ; editorial assistance by Daphna Atias and Helen C. Rountree ; transcription by M. Kathryn Burdette
- Beverley, Robert, approximately 1673-1722
- Chapel Hill : Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia, by the University of North Carolina Press, 2013.
- A New Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxxix, 342 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Parrish, Susan Scott
Rountree, Helen C., 1944-
Omohundro Institute of Early American History & Culture
- A note on the texts -- The history -- Book I : The history of the first settlement of Virginia, and the government thereof, to the present time -- Book II : The natural productions and conveniencies of the country, suited to trade and improvement -- Book III : The native Indians, their religion, laws, and customs, in war and peace -- Book IV : The present state of the country, as to the polity of the government, and the improvements of the land.
- 9781469607948 (cloth : alk. paper)
1469607948 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 279-305) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10009196