Adaptive beaming and imaging in the turbulent atmosphere [electronic resource] / Vladimir P. Lukin, Boris V. Fortes ; translated by A.B. Malikova
- Lukin, V. P. (Vladimir Petrovich)
- Uniform Title:
- Adaptivnoe formirovanie puchkov i izobrazheniĭ v atmosfere. English
- Bellingham, Wash. (1000 20th St. Bellingham WA 98225-6705 USA) : SPIE, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 201 pages : illustrations) : digital file
- Additional Creators:
- Fortes, Boris V.
Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to subscribers or individual electronic text purchasers.
- ch. 1. Mathematical simulation of laser beam propagation in the atmosphere -- 1.1. Numerical solution to problems of coherent radiation propagation -- 1.2. Generation of 2D random phase screens by the Fourier transform method -- 1.3. Dynamic simulation of the large-scale part of turbulent aberrations of an optical phase -- 1.4. Modification of the numerical model for partially coherent beams -- 1.5. Lens transformation of coordinates in an inhomogeneous wave equation -- ch. 2. Modeling an adaptive optics system -- 2.1. Reference wave in an adaptive optics system -- 2.2. Wavefront sensors -- 2.3. Wavefront correctors -- ch. 3. Adaptive imaging -- 3.1. Calculation and minimization of image distortions -- 3.2. Study of angular resolution and contrast in large residual wavefront distortions -- 3.3. Phase correction of turbulent distortions under strong intensity scintillation -- ch. 4. Minimization and phase correction of thermal blooming of high-power beams -- 4.1. Amplitude optimization for thermal blooming along a vertical path -- 4.2. Programmed modal phase correction of thermal blooming along a vertical path -- 4.3. Method of phase conjugation on a horizontal path -- 4.4. Modal phase conjugation on a horizontal path -- ch. 5. A laser reference beacon as a key element of an adaptive optics system -- 5.1. Some features of reflected optical wave fluctuations in a turbulent atmosphere -- 5.2. Improvement of the quality of an atmospheric image by adaptive optics methods -- 5.3. A modern concept of adaptive optics systems with a laser guide star -- 5.4. Monostatic and bistatic schemes for formation of a laser guide star -- 5.5. Hybrid scheme of forming a laser guide star -- 5.6. Two bistatic schemes for LGS formation -- 5.7. A new scheme for LGS formation -- Conclusion -- Index.
- Due to the wide application of adaptive optical systems, an understanding of optical wave propagation in randomly inhomogeneous media has become essential, and several numerical models of individual AOS components and of efficient correction algorithms have been developed. This monograph contains detailed descriptions of the mathematical experiments that were designed and carried out during more than a decade's worth of research.
- 9780819479150 (electronic)
- "SPIE digital library."
An update and translation of the Russian-language publication, Adaptivnoe formirovanie puchkov i izobrazhenii v atmosfere. Novosibirsk : Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1999.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print version.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 10009713