French design : creativity as tradition / text by Anne Bony ; opener photographs by Sophie Zénon
- Bony, Anne
- Uniform Title:
- Dessein du geste. English
- Paris : Skira Flammarion ; [Milan, Italy] : Skira, 
New York : Distributed in the U.S.A. by Rizzoli International Publications, Inc.
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 279 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Zénon, Sophie, 1965- and Hôtel de ville (Paris, France)
- "A tribute to excellence in the know-how of leading French firms. This book is a tribute to the excellence of twenty-five leading French firms, such as Baccarat, Christofle, Hermès, and S.T. Dupont, which have succeeded in reinventing themselves in contact with designers. Their history is traced out thanks to some major research in archives, and also through the words of the protagonists of this story. This photographic album of the objects features, for each firm, an innovative object compared with one or more characteristic pieces from the same firm's heritage. Transmission, Know-How and French Design will be a must for graphic and fashion designers, marketing professionals, collectors and students."--Publisher's website.
- 9782081285996 (ESFP)
- Catalog of the exhibition, Le Dessein du geste held at the Hôtel de ville de Paris, Paris, France, Sept. 11-Oct. 10, 2012
View MARC record | catkey: 10016133