Social movements, law, and the politics of land reform : lessons from Brazil / George Mészáros
- Mészáros, George
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 198 pages : maps ; 24 cm.
- Law, development and globalization
- Shocking the system : social movement pressure as the catalyst of political and legal change -- To criminalise or not to criminalise? : conflicting legal responses to social movement pressure -- Why law fails : the administration of land law in the context of power relations -- The limits of progressive state action -- Pushing and redefining legal boundaries through social movement pressure.
- 9780415477710 (hbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 10018537