July '64 [electronic resource] / director, Carvin Eison ; producer, Chris Christopher ; written by Chris Christopher ; a production of ImageWordSound ; produced in association with the Independent Television Service and WXXI
- Additional Titles:
- July nineteen sixty-four, July 1964, and July sixty-four
- [Place of publication not identified] : California Newsreel, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (54 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Browne, Roscoe Lee, Christopher, Chris, Eison, Carvin, California Newsreel (Firm), ImageWordSound (Firm), Independent Television Service, National Black Programming Consortium, and WXXI (Television station : Rochester, N.Y.)
- Black studies in video
- Language Note:
- This edition in English.
- In the summer of 1964, a three-night riot erupted in two predominantly black neighborhoods in downtown Rochester, New York--the culmination of decades of poverty, joblessness and racial discrimination and a significant event in the Civil Rights era. Using archival footage and interviews with those who were present, the film explores the genesis and outcome of these three nights.
- "A production of ... National Black Programming Consortium"--Original container., Originally produced in 2004., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Black studies in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 10021262