Growth of farm animals / T.L.J. Lawrence, V.R. Fowler and J.E. Novakofski
- Lawrence, T. L. J. (Tony Leonard John)
- Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK ; Cambridge, MA : CABI, 2012.
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 352 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Fowler, V. R. and Novakofski, J. E.
- Preface to the first edition -- Preface to the second edition -- Preface to the third edition -- General aspects of growth -- Cells -- Principles of cell growth -- Tissues : basic structure and growth -- Tissues : growth and structure relative to product value for human consumption -- Mammary gland growth and product yield -- Hormonal influences on growth -- Genetic influences on growth -- The immune system and growth -- Gametes, fertilization, and embryonic growth in mammals -- Prenatal and postnatal growth in mammals -- Growth in avian species -- Efficiency and growth -- Compensatory growth -- Growth and puberty in breeding animals -- Measuring and predicting growth and body composition in the live animal -- Measurements on the carcass -- "Growth promoters, " performance enhancers, feed additives and alternative approaches -- The future.
- 9781845935580 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1845935586 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9781780641461 (hardback : alk. paper)
178064146X (hardback : alk. paper)
9781845938642 (cabi south asia edition : alk. paper)
184593864X (cabi south asia edition : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2013
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 10023204