Arguments for and Against Granting Cease and Desist Power to HUD for Use in Enforcing the Fair Housing Act of 1968 [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1979-1980.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews background of prior proposals to provide cease and desist authority to an administrative agency charged with enforcing nondiscrimination in housing. Summarizes arguments for and against granting cease and desist power to HUD for use in enforcing the Fair Housing Act of 1968, which prohibits housing discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10061963