Information Technology in Education [electronic resource] : Perspectives and Potentials
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1980.
- Physical Description:
- 347 pages : digital, PDF file
- Committee Serial QQQ. CRS report, prepared by Robert L. Chartrand and Jerry Borrell for the Subcom on Science, Research, and Technology and the House Education and Labor Committee Subcom on Select Education, examining the impact on education of information technology systems and programs, including use of computers, telecommunication, teaching machines, and audio and video devices in educational environments.
Includes subcom recommendations, based on Oct. 1978 and Apr. 1980 oversight activities, regarding information technology utilization in education (p. 1-10). Reviews status of information technology applications, and lists related events in education and legislative actions, 1956-80 (p. 15-29). Summarizes salient 1969-80 Congressional hearings and Apr. 1980 workshop (p. 51-200).
Appendices (p. 201-329) contain related material and articles, including:
Includes subject index (p. 331-346).
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10063031