Restructuring the Civil Service Retirement System [electronic resource] : Analysis of Options To Control Costs and Maintain Retirement Income Security
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1981.
- Physical Description:
- 107 pages : digital, PDF file
- CRS report, prepared by P. Royal Shipp and Dennis W. K. Snook for the Subcom on Civil Service, Post Office, and General Services, analyzing four options for restructuring the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) to control future costs and maintain adequate benefit levels., Summarizes CSRS background and benefit provisions; examines pension plan design and financing issues; and assesses options for CSRS revision, including coordination of benefits with social security. Also estimates the impact of alternative structures on the ratio between Federal employee retirement benefits and preretirement earnings., and Includes tables throughout.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10063782