Sex Discrimination and the United States Supreme Court [electronic resource] : Developments in the Law
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1988.
- Physical Description:
- 77 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses recent sex discrimination decisions of the Supreme Court, focusing on legal challenges involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, regarding issues of disparate treatment and impact, pregnancy discrimination, and various forms of sexual harassment. Examines cases involving Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 regarding discrimination in schools, and the equal protection guarantees of the Fourteenth and Fifth Amendments to the Constitution.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10067291