Welfare, Work and Child Support [electronic resource] : Effects on Single Parent Families
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 67 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines combined effects of work, welfare, child support, and tax policies on single-parent families' sources and level of income support. Discusses themes and recurring issues relating to current welfare system, focusing on the Aid to Families with Dependent Children program; examines child support system and role of absent fathers in providing income support for their children; and analyzes alternatives to current system of child support under assured child support proposals. Describes interaction of major income support programs affecting single-parent families in selected States, including Texas, Delaware, and New York. Includes graphs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10071907