Substance Abusers [electronic resource] : New Rules for Disability Benefits from Supplemental Security Income and Social Security Disability Insurance
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1995-1996.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines recent legislation relating to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (DI) recipients classified as substance abusers. Analyzes the Social Security Independence and Program Improvements Act of 1994, which tightens rules for the enrollment of drug addicts and alcoholics in both SSI and DI programs; reviews ongoing issues such as the use of cash benefits, drug treatment, and time limits; and includes an appendix discussing the background of substance abusers in SSI and DI programs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10074242