Managed Health Care [electronic resource] : The Use of Financial Incentives
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 26 pages : digital, PDF file
- Describes the nature of financial incentives underlying two fundamentally different ways of compensating physicians, traditional fee-for-service and capitation arrangements. Reviews methods health plans use to dilute provider's exposure to financial risk from capitation and related compensation arrangements. Describes the history of Congressional action relating to physician incentive plans and summarizes the requirements for such plans as specified under Health Care Financing Administration rules.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10076804