McCain/Feingold and Shays/Meehan Campaign Finance Reform Bills [electronic resource] : Summary and Comparison
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides side-by-side comparison of S. 25 and H.R. 493, both the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 1997, to establish voluntary spending limits in Senate and House elections, along with cost-saving benefits to participants, in effort to curb role of political action committees and perceived loopholes in current law, including soft money, independent expenditures, and issue advocacy.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10077138