Nuclear Weapons [electronic resource] : Monitoring Warhead Dismantlement
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Explains characteristics required for technologies to monitor dismantlement of Russian nuclear warheads, including transparency, irreversibility, and protection of classified technological information. Describes options to monitor nuclear warhead dismantlement through radiation measurements, tamper-indicating devices, and remote monitoring. Discusses transparency and verification options at the Pantex plant in Amarillo, Tex.; reviews budget and recent legislative initiatives; and outlines issues and options.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10079867