Intercountry Adoption Act of 2000 and International Adoptions [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Analyzes and summarizes provisions of P.L. 106-279, the Intercountry Adoption Act of 2000, to implement requirements of the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption, which established standards and procedures to protect the interests of children, birth parents, and adoptive parents involved in intercountry adoptions. Reviews status of Hague Convention implementation in the U.S., issues related to children emigrating from the U.S., and changes to immigration law and administrative fees made by the Intercountry Adoption Act of 2000.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10081158