Savings and Loan Goodwill Cases on Remand [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses 1996 Supreme Court decision in U.S. v. Winstar Corporation, in which the Court ruled that U.S. had breached contracts made by the Federal Home Loan Bank Board with various savings and loan institutions. Reviews impact of decision on pending Federal cases claiming damages for legislation affecting agreements by regulators with investors in failing thrifts as to treatment of goodwill and change in tax law.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10081170