Information Technology Labor Shortage? [electronic resource] : Legislation in the 106th Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Presents information on the demand for and supply of information technology (IT) workers, assesses wage and other measures of possible IT labor scarcity, describes provisions in Title IV of the FY1998 Omnibus Consolidated and Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act intended to expand the supply of computer-related personnel, and tracks legislation about education and training of U.S. workers for IT jobs. Also elucidates Federal training programs that rely on user fees to expand the supply of IT workers. Includes tables.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10081579