What If the National Debt Were Eliminated? Some Economic Consequences [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines the consequences of public debt reduction and elimination, including those of budget surpluses and debt retirement, increase in rate of capital formation and productivity growth, reduction of the current account deficit, amelioration of future taxation, change in the generational distribution of fiscal policy, role of U.S. treasuries as a benchmark asset, effect on household and institutional investors, the Federal Reserve's monetary policy, liquidity in the treasuries market, and scenarios for once the debt is retired.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10082466