Telecommunications Discounts for Schools and Libraries [electronic resource] : The "E-Rate" Program and Controversies
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses issues and controversies involving the FCC "e-rate" program, which provides a universal service discount on Internet and other telecommunications services for schools and libraries. Explains the administrative structure of the "e-rate" program and recent restructuring of the Schools and Libraries Corp. into the new Schools and Libraries Division of the Universal Service Administrative Co., a nonprofit entity. Examines FCC funding and alternatives, eligibility criteria and application integrity, program status, and Congressional activity in the 106th and 107th Congresses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10085404