Copyright Law [electronic resource] : Statutory Royalty Rates for Webcasters
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Surveys procedures for and results of Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (CARP) Feb. 20, 2002, report making recommendations for statutory royalty rates for eligible nonsubscription webcasters of various Internet transmissions. Discusses compulsory licenses, establishment of statutory royalty rates, CARP recommendation for public performance fees and license fees, LC rejection of CARP recommendations and subsequent counterproposals, proposed legislative intervention, and P.L. 107-321, the Small Webcaster Settlement Act of 2002, which extends due date for royalty payments and permits broadly negotiated agreements that deviate from LC orders.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10085770