Welfare Reform [electronic resource] : An Issue Overview
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews legislative and Administration efforts to reform welfare through the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, including replacement of AFDC with TANF, major programs for low-income families, TANF reauthorization bills, and TANF issues, including application of minimum wage laws to workfare, work participation rates and penalties, child care funding, victims of domestic violence, State contracts with charitable, religious, and private organizations, welfare-to-work grants, and individual development accounts. Includes list of legislation referred to the Senate Financial Committee during the 108th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10086198