Social Security Notch Issue [electronic resource] : A Summary
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides basic facts on questions of social security fairness raised by 1977 rule changes. Reviews arguments for and against special "notch" legislation designed to remedy benefit disparities for recipients born in the 5- to 10-year period after 1916. Summarizes the Dec. 29, 1994, report of the Commission on the Social Security "Notch" Issue. Summarizes legislative action since 1981 including bills introduced in 107th and 108th Congresses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10086463