Nuclear Weapons in Russia [electronic resource] : Safety, Security, and Control Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Assesses concerns about and efforts to improve the safety, security, and controls of Russian nuclear weapons. Examines location of weapons within the former Soviet republics of Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Ukraine, concerns about Russia's nuclear command and control system, safety and security of stored warheads, and former Soviet nuclear facilities and materials. Reviews U.S.-Russia programs for nuclear threat reduction, including the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program, DOE material production, control, and accounting programs, objectives and results of bilateral meetings, including meetings of the U.S.-Russian Commission on Economic and Technological Cooperation (Gore-Chernomyrdin Commission), and arms control proposals.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10086876