Optional Federal Chartering for Insurers [electronic resource] : History and Background of Insurance Regulation
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides historical background of insurance regulation regarding optional Federal chartering for insurers, describes how State regulation of the insurance industry evolved, and how National Association of Insurance Commissioners and Congress oversee State regulation. Discusses Congressional enactment of Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GBLA) to modernize regulation of financial services, and examines Congressional activities related to insurance regulation in the 107th and 108th Congresses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10087606