Federal Railroad Safety Program and Reauthorization Issues [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Presents an overview of the Federal Railroad Administration railroad safety program, including regulatory development and compliance and enforcement. Examines railroad safety statistics, the role of the Railroad Safety Advisory Committee, and key legislative issues, including railroad employees' fatigue and hours of service, alleged harassment and intimidation of employees who cooperate with safety efforts, and highway-rail grade crossing safety concerns, and indicates the status of legislation to extend and/or improve the railroad safety program.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10088804