Slamming [electronic resource] : The Unauthorized Change of a Consumer's Telephone Service Provider
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines FCC policies to protect consumers from unauthorized, fraudulent, or deceptive switching of their long distance telephone service providers, known as "slamming," including new rules under the Telecommunications Act of 1996, and reviews GAO reports and 105th-106th Congress activity and legislation relating to slamming. Discusses industry initiatives and issues raised by legislative and other efforts to curb slamming.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed July 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10089164