Medicare [electronic resource] : focus on physician practice patterns can lead to greater program efficiency : report to Congressional committees
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Government Accountability Office
- Additional Titles:
- Physician efficiency in Medicare
- [Washington, D.C.] : United States Government Accountability Office, 
- Physical Description:
- iii, 47 pages : illustrations, digital, PDF file ; 28 cm
- Letter -- Results in brief -- Background -- Physicians who treated a disproportionate share of overly expensive patients were found in each of 12 areas studied -- Health care purchasers used physician profiling results to encourage efficient medical practice -- CMS has tools available to profile physicians for efficiency, but may need some additional authorities to use results in ways similar to other purchasers -- Conclusions -- Recommendation for executive action -- Agency and professional association comments and our evaluation -- -- Appendix I. Methodology for identifying physicians with a disproportionate share of overly expensive beneficiaries -- Appendix II. Health care purchaser program characteristics -- Appendix III. Distribution of physicians by their proportion of overly expensive beneficiaries by metropolitan area -- Appendix IV. Comments from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services -- Appendix V GAO contact and staff acknowledgments.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection. Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Bethesda, Md.] : ProQuest, 2004. digital, PDF file. ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection. Mode of access: World Wide Web via ProQuest website.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10092839