Electronic health records [electronic resource] : DOD and VA efforts to achieve full interoperability are ongoing; program office management needs improvement : report to congressional committees
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Government Accountability Office
- Additional Titles:
- Electronic health records : Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs efforts to achieve full interoperability are ongoing; program office management needs improvement
DOD and VA efforts to achieve full interoperability are ongoing; program office management needs improvement
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Govt. Accountability Office, 
- Physical Description:
- ii, 30 pages : illustrations, digital, PDF file ; 24 cm
- The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 required the Department of Defense (DOD) and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to accelerate their exchange of health information and to develop systems or capabilities that allow for interoperability (generally, the ability of systems to exchange data) by September 30, 2009. It also required compliance with federal standards and the establishment of a joint interagency program office to function as a single point of accountability for the effort. Further, the act directed GAO to semiannually report on the progress made in achieving these requirements. For this third report, GAO evaluated (1) the departments' progress and plans toward sharing fully interoperable electronic health information that comply with federal standards and (2) whether the interagency program office is positioned to function as a single point of accountability. To do so, GAO analyzed agency documentation on project status and conducted interviews with agency officials. GAO is recommending that the departments improve management of their interoperability efforts by establishing a project plan and a complete and detailed integrated master schedule.
- United States. Department of Defense—Information resources management
- United States. Department of Veterans Affairs—Information resources management
- Medical informatics—Government policy—United States
- Medical records—United States—Data processing
- Interagency coordination—United States
- Medical records—Management—United States
- Electronic data interchange—United States
- Electronic records—Government policy—United States
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection. Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Bethesda, Md.] : ProQuest, 2004. digital, PDF file. ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection. Mode of access: World Wide Web via ProQuest website.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10096207