Regulation of Broadcast Indecency [electronic resource] : Background and Legal Analysis
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on and discusses the evolution of FCC regulations prohibiting TV and radio broadcasts of indecent material during certain hours. Outlines recent events focusing attention on FCC indecency regulations, reviews various FCC actions regarding indecency, and summarizes related Congressional activity. Examines whether prohibiting the broadcast of indecent words in any context would violate the First Amendment.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10097180