Affirmative Action Revisited [electronic resource] : A Legal History and Prospectus
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 67 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses the legal and statutory history of affirmative action and minority and small disadvantaged business programs, including an overview of the 1995 Supreme Court ruling in Adarand Constructors Inc. v. Pena, which set constitutional standards for race-based affirmative action by the Federal Government. Reviews post- Adarand judicial decisions and regulatory developments, as well as the statutory framework for affirmative action in employment and public education, focusing on college admissions.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10097306