Health Insurance [electronic resource] : A Primer
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of the health insurance industry, including basic industry principles related to expenses, risk pools, underwriting, and plan and coverage type; tax preference; and health insurance regulation. Discusses the importance of health insurance; identifies health insurance sources, including employer-sponsored insurance, public programs, individual health insurance, and State high-risk pools, and the problem of the uninsured; and examines how health benefits are delivered and financed, including indemnity insurance, managed care, and consumer-driven health plans.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10097489