Federal Student Loans [electronic resource] : Terms and Conditions for Borrowers
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 31 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews Federal student loan programs, including the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) program, which guarantees loans from private lenders, and the Department of Education direct loan (DL) program. Describes types of loans available through the FFEL and DL programs, and examines borrower eligibility and student loan terms and conditions, including loan limits, interest rates, borrower fees, and repayment terms and plans. Provides information on borrower repayment and relief, including deferments and loan consolidation, and discusses student loan default and its consequences for borrowers, loan rehabilitation, and loan discharge and forgiveness.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10097597