Immigration [electronic resource] : Foreign Physicians and the J-1 Visa Waiver Program
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews the J-1 visa waiver program, which enables foreign medical graduates to gain admission to the U.S. as nonimmigrants for the purpose of graduate medical education and training. Discusses Federal and State entities involved in the J-1 waiver program, including VA, HHS, USDA, the Appalachian Regional Commission, and the Delta Regional Authority, and summarizes recent developments, including an HHS policy change regarding the J-1 waiver program, expiration of the "Conrad 30" program, and a survey of State health departments utilizing J-1 waiver programs. Also examines legislation in the 108th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10097609