How Medicaid Works [electronic resource] : Program Basics
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 62 pages : digital, PDF file
- Explains operation of the Medicaid program, a means-tested entitlement program that is jointly financed by the Federal and State governments to provide medical care to the poor, the medically-needy, and others. Reviews Medicaid eligibility and enrollment, and describes Medicaid benefits and financing methods. Discusses Medicaid reimbursement policy, program administration, and health care delivery systems, including fee-for-service and managed care, and summarizes major Medicaid program changes enacted since 1996. Includes tables and graphs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10097806