Iraq [electronic resource] : U.S. Regime Change Efforts and Post-Saddam Governance
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 46 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews current issues concerning the U.S.-led war to remove Iraqi President Saddam Hussein and his Ba'ath Party regime. Provides background on major factions opposed to Saddam Hussein, schisms among factions, and Bush Administration strategy and Operation Iraqi Freedom. Discusses post-war governance and transition issues, including the handover of sovereignty to Iraqis, economic reconstruction, security challenges, and efforts to stabilize Iraq. Outlines Congressional response.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10098148