Congressional Continuity of Operations (COOP) [electronic resource] : An Overview of Concepts and Challenges
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses the circumstances surrounding Congressional continuity of operations (COOP) planning, including provisions for alternative meeting sites and methods for conducting House and Senate meetings and floor sessions when Capitol facilities are not available. Examines impact of terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, anthrax incidents, and the ricin incident on COOP planning; and describes the backup, maintenance, and portability of various administrative functions used to support Congress, such as legislative information, e-mail, and the continuity of Congressional information technology and enterprise systems. Includes glossary of COOP planning terms.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10099222