General Management Laws and the 9/11 Commission's Proposed Office of National Intelligence Director (NID) and National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 53 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the U.S. recommendations to improve the organization and capabilities of the intelligence community through the establishment of a National Intelligence Director (NID) and a National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC). Discusses several legislative initiatives introduced during the 107th and 108th Congresses to restructure the intelligence community. Examines whether more than 50 general management laws would cover the NID and the NCTC if the entities were established within the Executive Office of the President, and if the entities were established as or within independent entities in the executive branch. Explores two approaches Congress could use to indicate whether management laws cover the NID and NCTC.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10099420