Electoral College [electronic resource] : How It Works in Contemporary Presidential Elections
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines operations of the electoral college system in Presidential elections. Covers allocation of electors and electoral votes; popular election of electors; the general ticket system; alternative systems, including district and proportional plans; diverse State procedures to nominate elector-candidates; joint tickets involving one vote for President and Vice President; general election day; convening of electors; and counting, ascertaining, and declaration of the vote by Congress. Discusses the proposed Colorado amendment for proportional allocation of Colorado electors for 2004 election.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10099455