Amtrak [electronic resource] : The Political and Social Aspects of Federal Intercity Passenger Rail Policy
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 37 pages : digital, PDF file
- Discusses the political and social aspects of the debate on Federal aid to intercity passenger service, primarily National Railroad Passenger Corp. (Amtrak); and reviews Amtrak issues before Congress, the executive branch, and at the State level. Explains the differing views and needs of freight rail relative to the passenger service; identifies social changes and influences on the decline in rail passenger ridership as well as social arguments for Amtrak's continuation; and discusses policy options for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10100313