Wireless Privacy and Spam [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines wireless telephone privacy issues, including issues concerning consumers receipt of unwanted commercial messages, known as spam. Discusses concerns of consumers and privacy rights advocates regarding spam and "wireless 411" directories. Examines fair information practices, wireless industry efforts to respond to privacy concerns, and existing laws, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Wireless Communications and Public Safety Act, and the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act. Reviews legislative activity in the 108th Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10100468