Automobile and Light Truck Fuel Economy [electronic resource] : The CAFE Standards
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages : digital, PDF file
- Provides background on corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) standards, which requires automobiles and light trucks to meet specified fuel economy standards for each model year. Examines CAFE standards in the context of Kyoto Protocol and the rise in use of trucks and sport utility vehicles, describes NHTSA rulemaking for fuel economy of light-duty trucks, reviews policy options to improve fuel economy, and summarizes current legislation on CAFE standards.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Nov. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10100542