Congressional Oversight of Judges and Justices [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 37 pages : digital, PDF file
- Addresses general powers and limitations on the Congressional oversight authority regarding individual Federal judges or Supreme Court Justices. Examines the Senate approval process for judicial nominations; the Senate's ability to obtain information on judges or Justices during that process; and limits on Congressional investigatory authority over the judiciary. Discusses how far the Congressional investigatory powers can be exercised regarding possible judicial impeachments; and explores other investigatory contexts.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10101378