Medical Malpractice Liability Reform [electronic resource] : Legal Issues and Fifty-State Survey of Caps on Punitive Damages and Noneconomic Damages
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Describes and analyzes the pros and cons of medical malpractice liability reform proposals. Covers caps on noneconomic and punitive damages awarded to plaintiffs, limitation of joint and several liability in health care lawsuits, abolition of the collateral source rule, limitations on lawyers' contingent fees, creation of a Federal statute of limitations, and processes for periodic repayment of damages in medical malpractice suits. Includes summary of State caps on punitive and noneconomic damages in medical malpractice suits.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10101482