Social Security Number [electronic resource] : Legal Developments Affecting Its Collection, Disclosure and Confidentiality
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 30 pages : digital, PDF file
- Reviews background of social security number (SSN) system and Federal Government usage. Explains restrictions on governmental collection and use of SSNs under the Privacy Act of 1974, the Tax Reform Act of 1976, and other Federal statutes affecting SSN confidentiality. Discusses constitutional challenges to SSN collection and distribution, and reviews SSN use in the private sector. Provides chronology of Federal developments affecting SSNs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10101610