Immigration [electronic resource] : Analysis of the Major Provisions of H.R. 418, the REAL ID Act of 2005
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 49 pages : digital, PDF file
- Analyzes major provisions of H.R. 418, the REAL ID Act of 2005, to institute various reforms in immigration enforcement and identification document security, including provisions regarding prevention of terrorists obtaining asylum or relief from removal, waiver of laws to facilitate barriers at U.S. borders, judicial review of orders of removal, release of aliens in removal proceedings on bond, inadmissibility and deportability due to terrorist and terrorist-related activities, improved security for drivers' licenses and personal identification cards, and improvement of border infrastructure and technology integration.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10101749