S. 147/H.R. 309 [electronic resource] : Process for Federal Recognition of a Native Hawaiian Governmental Entity
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 35 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines H.R. 309, and similar S. 147, both the Native Hawaiian Government Reorganization Act of 2005, to establish a process for a Native Hawaiian government to be constituted and recognized by the Federal Government. Describes the provisions of the reported version of S. 147; outlines some Federal statutes and recent cases which might be relevant to the issue of Federal recognition of a Native Hawaiian entity; and recounts some legal arguments that have been presented in the debate on this legislation. Briefly outlines provisions of a substitute amendment expected to be offered in lieu of the reported version of S. 147.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10101795