Overview of the U.S. Public Health System in the Context of Emergency Preparedness [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 62 pages : digital, PDF file
- Describes public health authorities and infrastructure at the Federal, State, and local levels, including the structure, organization, and legal basis of domestic public health activities. Reviews recent legislation and appropriations, both prior to and after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, and covers issues for the 109th Congress. Discusses selected public health preparedness programs at HHS and DHS. Outlines various issues in ensuring public health preparedness.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., CRS Report., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10101905