Computer Services Personnel [electronic resource] : Overtime Pay Under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines Congressional efforts to define the status of Federal computer services personnel and to establish wage and overtime pay standards under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 for those workers. Reviews the differing definitions of "professional" workers as set by Congress and DOL, efforts to seek legislative solutions, DOL regulations regarding and Congressional efforts to restructure the computer services personnel exemption in 1996, legislative proposals in the 106th through 108th Congresses, and policy considerations.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10102016