Social Security Benefits for Noncitizens [electronic resource] : Current Policy and Legislation
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 28 pages : digital, PDF file
- Examines eligibility of noncitizens for social security benefits. Discusses current policy, including social security-covered employment, social security payment rules, tax treatment of social security benefits, and totalization agreements; related issues, including perceived disparate treatment under social security and immigration law, the U.S. totalization agreement with Mexico, and no-match letters sent to employers regarding W-2 form and SSA record discrepancies; and relevant legislation in the 108th and 109th Congresses.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Dec. 2010). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 10102450